A new narrative on Responsible Innovation for the business sector✎
Current definitions of Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) do not link up with the rationalities and the language of the business sector. Instead, a new narrative is needed, focusing on business opportunities, as well as providing a business case around it.
The LIV_IN project has developed a new narrative consisting of three elements:
- business’ responsibility for impacts of an innovation
- co-creation of innovations with a broad range of people and
- innovation on a systems level.
On this basis, the projects makes a series of recommendations
- Establish responsible innovation dialogues
- Set up a clearing house for impact data
- Empower citizens and foster capacity building for co-creation
- Consider Societal Readiness Level equally important as TRL
- Initiate a multi-stakeholder initiative on Responsible Innovation
- Emphasize the systemic character of missions in Horizon Europe
Managing the impacts of Innovation
See also this 10 minute video with André Martinuzzi and Svetlana Ivanova on <<The Business Case for Responsible Innovation>> produced by LIV_IN