Tool Catalogue of Tools Dedicated portal
SIS-Catalyst Diversity & Inclusion Map✎
Uploaded by RRI Tools on 01 November 2015
Policy Makers Education Community Civil Society Organizations Governance Public Engagement Science Education Health, demography & wellbeing Food, agriculture, forestry, water and bio-economy Energy Transport Climate, environment, and resources Inclusive, innovative, and reflective societies Security stem education social inclusion science and society science education children and students engagement program evaluation science engagement programs outreach
SiS Catalyst’s Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) map is for organisations and practitioners involved in science-engagement programs for children. It helps users develop high-quality programs that are attractive for children from different social backgrounds.
The D&I map helps users reflect on the following aspects:
- the impact they aim to achieve
- the strategic embedding and sustainability of their programs
- their cooperation, networking and communication skills
- their inclusiveness and engagement with target groups
- their evaluation and monitoring efforts.
This tool is part of SiS Catalyst’s catalogue of resources; the catalogue was one result of the SiS Catalyst project, which was based on the idea that, if children are the future, we must involve them in the decisions of today.
Open (login required)
Online, PDF, Software
National, International, Local, Regional, Global
Diversity, Inclusion, Transparency
Development, Monitorization & Evaluation, Dissemination
The D&I map consists of:
- a self-assessment questionnaire (access requires registration)
- a benchmarking tool to support in-depth comparisons with other programs and organizations across the EU
- a planning tool to facilitate action plan development
- a manual with tips and tricks and references for literature about creating a safer and more inclusive environment for children and staff
- some examples of evaluation tools that organizations have used to evaluate and monitor their children’s programs.
There are no conversations yet, start oneGo to the conversations forum
20 Tips for High-school Students Engaging in Research with Scientistsstem education young researchers deliberation project-based learning inquiry-based learning secondary school citizen-generated questions
SIS CATALYST. Children as Change Agents for the future of Science in Societyempowerment children mutual learning social inclusion
The Contribution of Science and Society (FP6) and Science in Society (FP7) to a Responsible Research and Innovation. A Reviewrri era science and society science for society
Science Education: What Science to Study and Whyh2020 era fp6 fp7 science education