GARCIA. Gendering the Academy and Research: combating Career Instability and Asymmetries✎
The GARCIA Project is concerned with the implementation of actions in European Universities and research centers to promote a gender culture and combat gender stereotypes and discriminations.
The project aims to develop and maintain research potential and skills of both, women and men researchers, in order to sustain the quality of their working conditions. Particular attention is given to the early stages of academic and scientific career.
The project focuses on both, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) and SSH (Social Sciences and Humanities) disciplines to assure that the aim of transforming academia and research towards a more gender equal environment can be extended to all levels of the institution by putting into practice the best systemic organizational approaches.
- A toolkit to integrate the gender dimension in research and in students and PhDs curricula [July 2015]
- Guidelines and toolkit to integrate gender budgeting in the research sector [September 2016]
- Self-assessment tool [December 2016]
- University of Trento, Italy (Coordinator)
- Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium
- Radboud University Nijmegen, Netherlands
- University of Iceland, Iceland
- University of Lausanne, Switzerland
- Research Centre of the Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Slovenia
- Joanneum Research Forschungsgesel, Austria
University of Trento
Centre of Interdisciplinary Gender Studies,
Department of Sociology and Social Research.
EU contribution: EUR 2.297.826
Funded under: FP7-SCIENCE-IN-SOCIETY-2013-1