- Search engine/
- Project Detail/
- FaRInn - Facilitating Responsible Innovation in South East Europe
FaRInn - Facilitating Responsible Innovation in South East Europe✎
FaRInn - Facilitating Responsible Innovation in SEE countries is a project with 24 months duration within the South East Europe transnational cooperation programme.
The main objective of FaRInn is to enhance framework conditions and pave the way for a responsible innovation model in South East Europe, which respects the principles of sustainability, social responsibility and better quality of life.
On the basis of research carried out and existing literature, adopted definition of Responsible Innovation in FaRinn project is a transparent, interactive process in which societal actors and innovators become mutually responsive to each other with a view on the (ethical) acceptability, sustainability and societal desirability of the innovation process and its marketable products.
Objectives of FaRInn project
FaRInn’s main objective is to enhance the framework conditions and pave the way for a responsible innovation model in South East Europe, which respects the principles of sustainability, social responsibility and better quality of life.
The specific objectives of the FaRInn project are to:
- promote exchange among regions in the SEE programme area on experiences, constraints and good practices related to responsible innovation;
- define and reach a joint understanding of the necessary framework conditions for responsible innovation;
- analyse and compare the current status, threats and opportunities in partner countries in terms of framework conditions for responsible innovation;
- strengthen the capacity of innovation actors to design and implement responsible innovation strategies;
- raise awareness of the benefits, potential and mechanisms of responsible innovation among identified key innovation actors and stakeholders, and among the wider public;
- design, apply and test elements of a responsible policy model for innovation in different areas of the SEE programme area;
- design local and transnational Action Plans, with relative recommendations, for the future of policies and initiatives for responsible innovation in each partner area and at overall territorial level;
- transfer lessons learned on responsible innovation to at least 3 regions in the programme area.
OUTPUTS & OUTCOMES
The FaRInn partners have worked together for two years to provide a series of key outputs in the field of Responsible Innovation.
- Click HERE to access the FaRInn Report on Framework Conditions for and Key Elements of Responsible Innovation
- Click HERE to read the Comparative Analysis on Responsible Innovation in FaRInn partner areas
- Click HERE to read the Comparative Analysis of partners Work Plans for Responsible Innovation application and testing
- Click HERE for the final FaRInn report on Responsible Innovation in South East Europe
- Click HERE to read about the FaRInn mid term event, held in Forlì in May 2013 and HERE for the presentations of the Final Conference, held in Mytilini in September 2014.
The FaRInn partnership consists of 8 partners from 7 SEE countries (Italy, Slovenia, Greece, Romania, Hungary, Montenegro and Bosnia and Herzegovina). They are: local and regional decision makers, local and regional development agencies, 1 university and 1 chamber of commerce.
- Centre for Innovation and Economic Development, Italy
- Development Centre of the Heart of Slovenia, Slovenia
- Timis County Economic and Social Development Agency, Romania
- University of Szeged, Hungary
- Chamber of Samos, Greece
- North Aegean Region, Greece
- Regional Development Agency for Bjelasica, Komovi & Prokletije, Montenegro
- Sarajevo Economic Region Development Agency, Bosnia and Herzegovina
More information about the FaRInn project:
Giulia Bubbolini, Centre for Innovation and Economic Development (CISE), Italy
FaRinn Project Manager
[email protected], [email protected]
Ana Savšek, Development Centre of the Heart of Slovenia, Slovenia
Coordinator of Communication Activities in FaRinn project
[email protected], [email protected]
Chamber of Samos (Samos, Greece):
Timis County Economic and Social Development Agency (Timisoara, Romania):
University of Szeged (Szeged, Hungary):
North Aegean Region (Mytilene, Greece):
Regional Development Agency for Bjelasica, Komovi & Prokletije (Berane, Montenegro):
Sarajevo Economic Region Development Agency (Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina):