ENGAGE2020. Engaging Society in Horizon 2020✎
Engage2020 is a project looking at R&I and related activities and exploring how members of society are involved today, and how they could be in the future. The project will map how, where and why members of the public, stakeholders, consumers and other groups are engaged in the research process, from early policy development to the delivery of research activity. Engage2020 aims to increase the use of engagement methods and policies by mapping what is practiced and spreading awareness of the opportunities amongst researchers, policy makers and other interested parties. The project will map existing policies, structures, methods, approaches, tools and instruments, as well as highlighting promising new or adapted approaches for the future.
The European Commission has identified seven Grand Challenges -key issues where focussed research is needed -ranging from demographic change to security. The Engage2020 project will highlight engagement policies and methods which are suited to engaging members of society in Research and Innovation activities related to these six Grand Challenges.
- Action Catalogue – an online searchable catalogue that lets you find the exact Public Engagement method you are searching for http://engage2020.teknoproject.org/
- Current praxis of policies and activities that support societal engagement in research and innovation in Europe and beyond http://engage2020.eu/media/D3.1-Current-Praxis-of-Policies-and-Activities.pdf
- The Danish Board of Technology Foundation, Denmark (Coordinator)
- Institute of Technology Assessment and Systems Analysis, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
- The Involve Foundation, United Kingdom
- The Science Shop at the University of Groningen, Netherlands
- The Applied Research and Communications Fund, Bulgaria
- DIALOGIK - Non-profit institute for communication and cooperation research, Germany
Director of the Danish Board of Technology
EU contribution: EUR 998.123
Project reference: 612281