MOOC | Co-creation for policy makers: an introductory course✎
Last modified on 11 March 2021
How could we create better policies that are more relevant to the needs of citizens and society? This course will explore the concept and application of co-creation and design methodologies in the context of policy design
This introductory course will explore the different aspects of co-creation, and highlight the concrete assets that active public engagement can bring to policy design. Especially tailored to those working in the field of policy-making, the programme will of course be open to everyone eager to discover this methodology and its implementation.
The course will be composed of 5 chapters delivered in 5 weeks. Within each chapter, different experts in the field will walk you through the specific aspects of the whole co-creation process cycle.
- Week 1 – Why is policymaking in urgent need of innovation?
- Week 2 – How can user-centricity and co-creation improve policies?
- Week 3 – What is the (real) problem?
- Week 4 – How can we co-design solutions to our community’s problems?
- Week 5 – How can we implement solutions and make them sustainable over time?
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Question current policy-making practices and their limitations and recognise the potential of co-creation
- Understand the concept of human-centred design
- Examine service design methodologies when applied to policy-making
- Explain the importance of problem framing
- Experiment different stakeholder engagement methods
- Identify the characteristics of prototyping and apply its methods to a specific challenge
- Evaluate a co-creation process and ensure the sustainability of its outcomes
INFORMATION ABOUT FEES AND ACCESS TO MATERIALS AND DATES
- You can access the course absolutely free of charge and completely online.
- Course materials will remain available to all enrolled users after the end of the current edition, so they can return to content later. The current course edition will be followed by a new one just after its end.
- Classes Start: Mar 15, 2021 / 5 weeks
- Subtitles will be available in English as well as in French, German, Italian, Polish and Spanish.